This past Friday, John Taylor turned 32. He wanted to celebrate not by going somewhere, but staying at home. He wanted to get a good bottle of wine, sit out on the porch (kidless), smoke a cigar, and cook himself a steak. So, that's what we did. Sorry, I actually did not take any pictures during our time together. Just wanted to focus on us. But, I do have pictures to share. Yes. I. Do. :) Enjoy!
First, we have John Taylor on his first birthday:
He's eating powdered donuts. He loved those as a baby. He called them "pong pongs". Don't ask. His mom has no idea why!
Jump way ahead, here he is. Learning how to be a man:
Seems he learned from the best.
He has always been such a hard worker. What can I say....
I just have to share this picture. His Sigma Chi composite picture. Mississippi State University. 1997.
This was before we met, but when I first met him I LOVED this picture. Still do. ;)
This picture was taken about 5 months before we met. Just thought it was funny.
This was taken right after we met. We were in Tampa visiting his parents and I rode along while he played golf. One of his favorite past times.....
Speaking of favorite past times, John Taylor LOVES to go back packing and camping. One year he went with my brother and his son and this is one of my favorite pictures ever:
(JT is on the far left)
Here are a few more from that day:
Ok, that was pre kids. This was too. Our wedding day.
He always was quite the ladies man......
(by the way, that's my pregnant sister kissing him on the cheek!)
Jump ahead. Just moments after becoming a father for the first time:
Sharing the news with family that we had just had a baby BOY!
A couple of years later with his baby boy. Not such a baby anymore, but loves his Daddy.
And I've never seen a baby capture a man's heart like this baby girl has her Daddy's......
Oh, and I can't forget about his other baby girl.....
I really have no story behind the picture below. It is just one of my all time fave pictures of John Taylor. It is not great quality and I tried to fix the red eye (making him now look somewhat like an alien), but I love it. I just do. It captures a real John Taylor laugh. When he truly thinks something is funny, he slaps his hands like so and I caught a picture. I love it. I love him.
Baby, I love you. I know I already wished you a happy birthday, but not in front of all of blog land. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy 32nd! Here are 32 reasons why I love you:
1. you make me laugh
2. you have a sexy smile and dimple
3. you care about things a great deal, big and small
4. you are a Christian
5. you are a family guy
6. you are so gentle and loving with our children
7. you love to snuggle with your daughter in bed
8. you tell me and the kids you love us often
9. you feel the same way I do about all the big, important things in life
10. you have strong faith
11. you have strong, solid morals
12. you are a man of value
13. you are a man of dependability
14. you are honest
15. you have so much respect for me
16. you never say hurtful things to me
17. you try to understand me, even when I'm not being very understandable
18. you are a man of God
19. you pray for us
20. you take us to church
21. you cook dinner for us every night
22. you give your son a bath every night
23. you are there every night when it's time for the kids to go to bed
24. you play with us
25. you make time for us
26. you are very talented
27. you pay attention to detail
28. you have a great, healthy body
29. you let me take lots of pictures
30. you work hard
31. you work really, REALLY hard for us
32. you give us a great life and make lots of sacrifices for us
(I'm working on a post about my gift to John Taylor)
Labels: Family, Marriage