Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 1 of 31 Days of Promises & Truths

Click HERE to read introduction to:

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me...and Your right hand will save me."
Psalm 138:7

Do you remember the footprints in the sand poem?  The one with two sets of footprints except during the hard times.  The author writes of how they asked God why He left during the times they needed Him the most.  His reply was that He didn't leave....it was then that He carried them.

For those of you that have been around for a while, you know my story.  Things have been quite un-normal for quite some time.  I analyze our situation.  I've come to realize that it usually all goes back to one thing.  Fear.  Enter God's promises:

"Be strong and brave.  Don't be afraid...and don't be frightened, because the Lord your God will go with you.  He will not leave you or forget you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be anxious for nothing, but in EVREYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.
It seems so simple.  Yet why is it so hard?  The Bible clearly states for us to stop being so anxious and worried about our life.  One of my favorite authors, Max Lucado, once said: Jesus doesn't condemn legitimate concern for responsibilities but rather the continuous mind-set that dismisses God's presence.  Destructive anxiety subtracts God from the future, faces uncertainties with no faith, and tallies up the challenges of the day without entering God into the equation.....Worry is the darkroom where negatives become glossy prints.

I love the part about the continuous mind-set that dismisses God's presence.  As most of you know, we moved to Mississippi from Birmingham.  I see now that moving was more our plan that it was God's...on many levels.  I wanted to move so bad that I was willing to do anything to make it happen.  I didn't pray about this, I didn't consult God about this.  It's hard for me to admit that.  After two years of asking why every day....why we couldn't sell our house and move on with our life in Mississippi.  Why?  What did our life, finances, marriage seem to be falling apart.  Why was God not there when we needed Him most. 

Talk about carrying us.....

He knew where we needed to be...and that was back in Birmingham.  I will never ask why again.  In fact, I welcome anything that God throws our way now.  I considering it all a blessing. 

If there is one thing I want to remember every single day of my life it's that God is for us.  He loves us more than anything.  He wants the best for us.  He is watching over each of our lives.  He has our best interest at heart and sometimes we're not meant to see the whole picture right away.  What if we did....as we are, in the flesh, we're certainly mess it up.  Our job is to trust the Lord and cast our burdens upon Him.  He promises that we will be blessed upon doing so and this is one of God's many promises I wanted to share with you today.  How wonderful it is to know that we have Him beside us every step of the way to carry us.
And that is the main message I want to send through my blog every day.....that life's chaos may shake me, but His timeless truth will carry me.  And you.



Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At September 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Alene said...

This is ab.so.lute.ly beautiful! I can't wait to read more. I'm so thankful His love always carries us and that's the TRUTH! Blessings.

 
At October 1, 2011 at 6:37 AM , Anonymous tracie @ {tsj} photography said...

LOVE this "life's chaos may shake me, but His timeless truth will carry me" ... LOVE!! and i love you too! i can't wait to see what else you share this month! xoxo!

 
At October 1, 2011 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I love your 31 Day series concept and I look forward to sticking around. I'm all about Truth. It changes our thinking and transforms our understanding about life.

Blessing, in Him,
Lisa

www.moretobe.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home