Tuesday, September 20, 2011

our kids share a lot of things lately....

As you already know, our kids shared a birthday party this past weekend.  Pictures to come soon.  So many to edit.  The party was awesome.  The weather was PERFECT and everyone had such a great time.  I couldn't go to sleep that night because I was just so overwhelmed with emotions, thankfulness, excitement from the day.  We have such wonderful family and friends.

But, besides sharing that....I've been thinking about my kids sharing something else.  A room.  I would have never thought that I'd want my son and daughter to share a room, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt they'd absolutely LOVE it!  They are so close.  They are close in age.  They eat together, play together, do everything together basically.  There are a few other reasons.....
We live in a small, small house.  And, we may be here a couple more years.
We want a "play room".  It just makes sense with 2 small kids and all the toys in a small house.
We want a space we can do crafts and school.  We're 99.9% sure we are homeschooling and even if we don't, we want a place we can do learning activities and need to spare up a bedroom to do so.....
And the list could go on and on.

But, above all those reasons, I really think the kids would love it.  The first thing they do when they wake up is ask where the other is, and then they lay with me and play, wrestle, snuggle with each other.  I would love for them to stay close!  :)

Here are a few images that are inspiring me when I think about them sharing a room....ok, more than a few.  :)  Enjoy!

Love the simplicity of this:

Love the balance:

Love the daybed:

Love the colors:


How cute would this be using your children's art work?!

I do know that I want the beds to be low and build on wood with wheels...that lock:

Love the color of the natural wood and the art:

Love the colors:

Love everything!

Love the map.  And the white.  And the beds.

LOVE this idea!  How cute and saves space:

Love everything about this pic:

This is fun!
 {all above image sources can be found on my 'For the Home' board on Pinterest}

Love these beds:
CCG Interiors, LLC. eclectic kids

 Love the colors and all the white:
Austin Modern Farmhouse modern bedroom

LOVE the letters!  I'm hoping JT can make some!
Kids Room. eclectic kids
{all above images sources can be found in my ideabook on Houzz}

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At September 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Yes to sharing a room!!! My girls LOVE sharing a room. I was opposed when I first found out I was prego with #2, but we had no other options considering we lived in a 2BR house. Now that we live in a 3BR house, I had the option to change it... NEVER! They go to sleep together chatting and wake up laughing! We snuggle on 1 bed, read their Bible and say our prayers. They give kisses and hugs and then lay in their beds and talk until they are asleep. You will have your challenges as a parent, but it's the most precious, make your heart melt kinda of moments and they will LOVE it!! Do it! :)

 
At September 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Sarah Howe said...

I love these pics. I love the post too. I was home schooled, it is a treasure. I shared a room with my sister most my growing up years. Never regretted it!

 
At September 27, 2011 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Erin from Skoots and Cuddles said...

reilly and cooper currently share a room.... and love it. they are 8 and 5. soon when max outgrows his crib, reilly will get her own room and coop/max will share. i think sharing a room is a great experience for any kid... even if you have the space for them to have their own room. love your inspiration photos!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home